Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Move Over Nut Butters!

Apple butter, in my opinion, is in the ballpark of outstanding, amazing and ridiculously tasty. I had been purchasing this tasty condiment from Southside Produce and had never thought of making my own or even trying fruits other than apple. UNTIL, I stumbled across a recipe on VeganLovelie. Enjoy!

Apple and Pineapple Fruit Butter

First, chop 2 apples and 1/2 of a pineapple into small pieces. Then, you can either toss into a blender, food processor or even use a hand-blender to puree the fruit. (Just don't puree too much, like I did...you want it to be a little chunky still)



Next, add 2-3 tablespoons of sugar and move mixture to a thick-bottom pan. Cook on a low-setting for 30-45 minutues (basically, until thick enough to use as a spread).


and VOILA...your fruit butter is complete! Move into a small container and refrigerate. I love using this on toast in the morning for breakfast...so simple, easy and delicious!



BUT stay-tuned because tomorrow, I'm going to share a really tasty salad and dressing that will use this fruit butter! You won't want to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment