Friday, September 10, 2010

Atcha Bakery & Cafe

This has been the week of restaurant reviews here, my goodness! For lunch earlier this week, Chris and I headed to an old favorite, Atcha Bakery & Cafe on Nicholson Drive. We were greeted with the most beautiful and amazing site ever...


an entire menu dedicated to vegetarian options! I'm in heaven!

We both ended up going with the Atcha Special Vegetarian. Which included hummus, baba ganoush, feta salad, 2 pitas, tons of rice and 3 pieces of falafel. I kept the olives in the dips just long enough for these pictures to be taken and then Chris was charged with getting them out of there! For some reason, I totally and utterly despise olives...

Their hummus is the traditional garbanzo chickpeas blended with a tahini sauce. Although it is a little thick for my taste, I love pairing it with the feta salad wrapped in chunks of the fresh pita. I tear it up! This was my first time to have their baba ganoush, which is blended roasted eggplants, garlic, tahini, and lemon juice. Simply excellent! Chris tried to make baba ganoush once...Atcha's is way better! (but don't tell him!)


I'm not sure which rice is served with the special but it was extremely tasty! It had a few lentils sprinkled around...and lentils are one of my favorite things! Finally, the falafel, which is a fried blend of chickpeas with green garden and spices, was the perfect addition! The three little fried balls of goodness were served with a tahini sauce that I wanted to pour over the entire entree...delicious!

As you can see, this is TONS of food! Although we approached this lunch with a fierce determination, neither of us made anywhere near happy plates! Next time we head this way for our mid meal, we will probably just order one special with extra pitas. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to our next visit!

Atcha Greek & Lebanese Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment