Monday, March 1, 2010

Slacker...

that has been me lately! I have been really sick for the past month or so and I go into surgery this Friday...soooo say it has been a little crazy! My gallbladder is basically quitting so the best thing to do is get rid of it. According to my doc, gallbladder issues are typically irritated by alcohol abuse, fatty diets or family history. Since I'm not an alcoholic, I'm looking at the latter two reasons for my faulty organ! My doc then told me to have a low fat diet until after surgery recovery...when I told me that I cut meat/dairy, he said if I would have done that sooner, this issue might not even be an issue and to keep it up! Good to know now! Pass the word!

Chris and I recently bought some excellent food storage containers at TJMaxx (of all places) that keep veggies and fruit around a little longer. We go home for lunch everyday and we only have an hour so I have been trying to think of something quick, easy and healthy for us to munch on. So I bought a bunch of salad items and made a huge one in the largest storage container we had and now everyday we come home dip in the container for our salad and we are good to go! I really like pretty salads so it is comprised of organic baby spinach, red and yellow bell peppers, carrots, celery, cucumbers, Satsuma slices, roma tomatoes and choice of dressing to spice it up! So tasty and easy!

With little tricks like this, I've already noticed a change in my waistline! I'm loving this new lifestyle!

4 comments:

  1. Aw I'm sorry to hear that you have to get your gallbladder out. Awesome that the kind diet is helping, though! Another thing you could keep around your house to snack on is veggies/hummus. It is so good and keeps you so full. You read Skinny B*tch too, right? They talked about that book from the 80's Fit for Life and I picked up the most recent version called Fit For Life not Fat for Life. I have lost Soo much weight in the past couple of weeks following that plan. Way more than following Alicia's recipes (i'm sorry Alicia :( It's the same don't eat dairy, don't eat meat concept. But this recommends lots of raw fruits, veggies etc.
    Good luck with your surgery, I hope you have a quick recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your recovery goes well! I know this is the last thing you need when you have so many other things going on.

    Try fatfreevegan.com for low-fat/fat-free vegan recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww hope everything goes ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ya'll! I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete