Friday, September 3, 2010

Coconut Water

A trend among celebrities and those who believe they are celebrities (myself included) is coconut water. Have you seen this?

source
Madonna , Lady Gaga, Jessica Simpson, among many others have been seen out and about with this naturally sweet beverage. Their bodies and skin are kickin', young and smooth due to this magic drink...I'm so sure. As you can imagine, I had to try it.

I picked up some ZICO: Pure Coconut Water from Whole Foods during my last trip. For some reason, I was pretty nervous to try it and I kept imagining this overly sweet, thick liquid. To my surprise, it was a truly refreshing beverage! If I ever woke up with the urge to work out or run (unlikely), I could totally see myself grabbing this drink during cool down.

According to ZICO's website, coconut water contains five essential electrolytes that keeps your body hydrated. One bottle has more potassium than a banana, which is 15 times more than most sports drinks, to prevent cramping. And, it has zero fat, zero cholesterol, zero added sugar and lower acidity than most sports drinks. To top it all off, the bottle is made from recycled materials and can be recycled when done! It comes in natural, lima citron, pomberry, passion fruit and mango. I'm just going to stick with the natural for right now!

Another popular brand is Vita Coco. I'll try this one next. Have you tried coconut water? What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I had seen coconut water at earth fare but its kinda expensive. I love coconut anything but was nervous for the investment. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a little pricey but I got it on special...something like 2 for $2 so I thought, what the hay! =) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across this article and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Really a nice post here!



    cooking tips

    ReplyDelete