Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches

Jimmy John's is a national sandwich joint that prides itself on fresh ingredients, great prices, and a delivery with a smile...not to mention making the world's greatest gourmet sandwiches. I must say...I was pretty pumped when a franchise opened up on Perkins Road, near the overpass.

Since this is just a hop, skip and a jump from our home, Chris and I frequent Jimmy John's often. Their vegetarian sandwiches are to die for...literally, amazing. The French bread is made in-house daily and is super tasty. We haven't seen anything by beautiful, fresh veggies. AND, I can get one of my favorite things here...a giant pickle!

Having a bit of a time crunch, we ran to Jimmy John's for lunch today. We both ordered the vegetarian subs, which come with layers of provolone cheese separated by real avocado spread, alfalfa sprouts, sliced cucumber, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. I scratched the sprouts because I wasn't feelin' them today and we both added onions and oil/vinegar sauce. Yum, Yum, Yum!

Of course, we had to add drinks, chips and a giant pickle! My favorite part about ordering the pickle is how excited they get when you order it..."PICKLE!"

When going there for lunch, remember that tons of people enjoy these sandwiches and finding a table can be tricky during peak lunch hours. A really cool aspect of this place is that you can call in your order, order on line and even have it delivered! How convenient, right!?! They can even caterer....which I must mention because they saved our tails at Taste of Tiger Tailgating this year! No other vendors had vegetarian options...Thanks Jimmy John's!

In my opinion, the prices are a little up there...but for the quality, it is worth it. Including tip, we spend around $15-$18 between the two of us each visit. Again, I think it is worth it!

Jimmy John's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment