Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bathroom and Kitchen BEFORE

I love DIY home renovations...but I know when a project needs to be left to professionals. We have two projects that we are passing over to the big boys tomorrow and I can't wait to share the progress with you because both these projects are HUGE for our home and lifestyles!

First, our hall bath doesn't look like it's been updated since the house was built...a LONG time ago! I'm sure that isn't completely true, but it sure does feel like it. Chris has been suffering through this itty bitty bathroom for the past year and half and it is beyond time for a makeover! I'm really embarrassed to show these pictures but you'll never appreciate the seriousness of this remodel if I don't!


I think the people before us tried to paint the tub so we are left with peeling paint...so gross! I love taking baths but I won't even touch this mess!

Mr. Kitty just had to get in the shot. How much do you hate this floor tile???

This outdated cabinet and hamper just have to go!

We already took the mirror down but you get an idea of how horrbile the tile, sink and lighting is in this itty bitty room!

Yes, this is the only lighting in the room...how aweful!!!

Second, our kitchen has close to no storage with no pantry. We have been making due with this antique armoire but it is completely not functional...hence all the junk on top! So we are turning our coat closet that touches the kitchen into a pantry. I'm so excited about this project because it will allow for more storage and less clutter! Plus, I'm hoping it will motivate us to do more updates in the kitchen! Don't worry...you'll see this fab armoire again in Baby Girl Henry's nursery...well, a version of it!




After seeing these pictures, I'm sure you are on the same page I am...pure excitement that they are starting TOMORROW! Ok, you probably aren't as excited as I am...but I'm going to continue to think you are! =)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to see the finish work! You surely deserve better bathroom tiles and more spacious closet in your room.

    ReplyDelete