Friday, February 18, 2011

The Pita Pit

What a beautiful day it was today! Perfect for eating on the patio of an in-walking-distance restaurant...so that is exactly what we did. Since both Chris and I spend all of our day on the LSU campus, we frequently treat ourselves to lunch at one of the many close-by venues. I wanted to try something new so we visited The Pita Pit.

We stopped by during peak lunch hours so there was a bit of a line but nothing their staff couldn't handle. If you have eaten at Subway, you know the ordering drill. They have a menu of different types of pitas (both meat and veggie). Once you decide, you pick your pita (white or wheat) and your toppings, which range from lettuce, tomatoes, onions, olives, pickles, etc.


I chose their Hummus Pita with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and feta. It was nothing that knocked my socks off but paired with chips and a drink, it was a satisfying, healthy and easy lunch.

Yum!

My only thing was that it was a bit pricey (a little under $20 for two of us) but as a treat, worth it! They had several vegetarian options including falafel and babaganoush, so we will be visiting again.  I like knowing I'm not stuck to only one option!

The Pita Pit on Urbanspoon

1 comment: