Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Canine Earth

I love my puppy.
I love Spring.

But the two aren't mixing!

Poor Ollie is scratching like a crazy! He has super sensitive skin and all the pollen in the air is causing him much stress. It just breaks my heart! After much frustration, I posted on Facebook begging for suggestions. I got the typical "take him to the vet", "give him a shot", "medicated shampoos are the best"...but then, I received a suggestion that didn't make my own skin crawl a bit! It was for a balm and shampoo made by Canine Earth.


Let me give you a little run down of Canine Earth. This company produces products for our adorable furry friends that are formulated with 95-100% certified organics under the USDA National Organic Program or are Verified Natural. In addition, they are aroma-therapeutic, naturally deodorizing, pH balanced, hypoallergenic and eco-friendly! AND they are sulfate, paraben and soap-free! To get me more excited, this is a local Baton Rouge company! Can't beat that!

We purchased the Wash and Wag! Oatmeal Aloe Soothing Shampoo, in hopes to give Ollie a little relief. What I loved was that it didn't have that harsh "medicated" smell...it was refreshing! Thanks to Chris, Ollie is pretty good when it comes to baths. Ok...he doesn't love bathtime but he endures it. Our first bath with Canine Earth's shampoo was especially successful! Ollie remained so calm and seemed to really appreciate the nice massage he was getting as he got clean! According to their website, this specific shampoo contains oatmeal to soothe skin and aloe to hydrate...making it perfect for dogs with allergies and itchiness!

There are a couple spots that are particularly sensitive for Ollie so our next try is the Tail Wagging Terrific Tea Tree Balm. As soon as we give it a spin, I'll let you know how it goes!

So far...we are huge fans of Canine Earth! I love supporting local companies, especially when they are made with such love and care! My Ollie deserves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment