Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Read Across America Day

What a wonderful day today is! Why?

Because today is the National Education Association's Read Across America Day!
This annual reading celebration takes place each March 2nd in honor of everyone's favorite children's author... Dr. Seuss!


Thousands of schools across the country celebrate this day by inviting community members into their classrooms to read their favorite Dr. Seuss books to the students...which is why I am so excited! Later this afternoon, I'm heading to Buchanan Elementary School! This is the third time I've participated and it is one of my favorite days! It's so much fun to see these elementary students get excited about reading...ok, I guess they can also be excited about dressing up like Dr. Seuss characters and eating actual green eggs and ham....but mainly, it's the reading!

Want to get involved? Visit the Read Across America Pledge Site and made a pledge today!

No comments:

Post a Comment