Friday, March 25, 2011

Trash to Treasure: Patio Table

Upcycling...Trash to Treasure...Repurposing...whatever you want to call it, I love doing it!

We had this gorgeous dining room table that just couldn't find a place in our home. So, we decided to repurpose it for the good ol' outdoors.


Chris got his handy dandy tools out and created the perfect hole in the center of the table for an umbrella. We ordered an umbrella off of Amazon for next to nothing! Gotta love finding a good deal!


Next, the table was sanded and then painted with an indoor/outdoor primer.


Once dry, we splashed on a few coats of an outdoor paint and VOILA!


Obviously, bright colors do not scare me!
I really want to create an outdoor space that is fun for entertaining and general enjoyment. But a yellow table and red umbrella is just the start!

We haven't had any issues with bad weather ruining the wood. Hopefully, the primer and outdoor paint continue to protect this beautiful table!

Pending Baby Henry's arrival, Chris plans to get dirty in the backyard this April!
Can't wait to see his green thumb in action and to show off the results!

3 comments:

  1. Love the yellow! Y'all are so talented! I was wanting to paint a piece of furniture yellow for the boys' room and this has totally inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! We love messing with old furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this was posted a while ago - so I guess no better time to ask how did it weather I have a table oval like that, that I want to put on the patio of course my husband thinks I'm crazy!

    ReplyDelete