Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Gazpacho with Goat Cheese




This might shock you, but until recently, I had never had gazpacho! I know...shocking! I was perusing the Internet the other day and came across this gazpacho recipe from Real Simple and it was just that...real simple! So I tried it...and..eh...

It was a refreshing treat and would be perfect for maybe a cocktail party or summer fun day...but not for a random night dinner. You live your learn, I guess. Another thing that threw me off was the real onion taste...I mean, it just hits you. So when it says 1/2 of a small sweet onion...really look for the smallest one in the  bunch!

Anyway, here is the recipe...enjoy!


2 1/2 pounds of beefsteak tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1/2 small sweet onion, roughly chopped (remember really small!!!)
2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
1 pound of cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
Juice from one lemon
Kernels from 2 ears of fresh corn (we ended up boiling ours, but I can imagine grilled would be fantastic)
3 tablespoons of cilantro, roughly chopped
3 ounces of goat cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons olive oil

Toss your tomatoes, garlic, onion, bell peppers and cucumbers in a food processor and pulse until just about pureed. Unless you have the largest food processor EVER, you are going to have do work in batches until all is added.

Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the lemon juice and salt/pepper to taste.

Ladle the soup into your serving bowls and top with goat cheese, corn and cilantro. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with crusty bread!

2 comments:

  1. I've never had it either! This looks super good though! and I love the corn, I might be able to convince my hubs to try it with the corn. :)

    Heather from lifeofapasseri.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi you are doing a great job. I was looking for this information. I found it on your page its really amazing. I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog.
      best bars to host Corporate Gatherings Singapore

      Delete