Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine Button Pretzels

I've never been a big fan of Valentine's Day....but whatever, we are celebrating anyway!

I decided today that we wanted to bring something for Lily's teachers, so I needed something quick and easy...yet impressive... to make. Of course, I ran to Pinterest and I found just that!

These Valentine Pretzel Buttons might be the easiest thing I've ever "baked"! As I said earlier, I found them on Pinterest thanks to the blog G*Rated. Great site! Enjoy!


You'll need:
-square pretzels
-Hersey Hugs (regular Kisses would work, but I don't think they would be as cute!)
-M&Ms (disclaimer: if you are making them for your kid's class, best to grab peanut FREE)


First, pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees and place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Then, line with your pretzels.


Next, top the pretzels with your Hugs.


Now, bake until the Hugs are a bit shiny and soft...which should only be 4-5 minutes. You want the Hugs to still have their shape. When you remove from the oven, carefully stick one of the M&Ms on tops of the Hugs. Barely push it into the Hug...you don't want to smash them all over the place!


Now, I'll admit...when I was patiently waiting the 4-5 minutes while they baked...and the M&Ms looked like this:


I snuck a few...shh, don't tell anyone!


Lastly, let them cool completely and then ENJOY!

Mine are currently chilling in the fridge overnight. And then tomorrow, I'll toss them in this cute little basket for Lily's classroom.



Can't wait! I'll share more pictures tomorrow!
Have a great Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That dessert look so sweet and really appealing! Just be careful not to eat too much sweets because you might end up needing the dentist in Champaign IL because of toothaches or cavities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sweets looks scrumptious. I always love pretzels but my dentist in goose creek tells me not to eat too much sweets because I might get dental problems.

    ReplyDelete