Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beaba Babycook Baby Food Maker

Our first "real" purchase to prepare for Baby Girl Henry was the Beaba Babycook Baby Food Maker. I knew from the first time I stumbled across this little gem in my Williams-Sonoma magazine that this was the gadget for me! I know, she isn't even here yet and I'm already purchasing things that she won't need for a few months after arrival...but I wanted it.

Making our own baby food didn't even get a second thought from me...I have always known we would do it. I love the idea of knowing (ok..controlling) exactly what products go into our little bundle of joy. To add to my motivation, nothing frightens me more than raising a picky eater so I want to make sure to expose her to as many yummy fruits and vegetables as early as possible!

I'm also realistic...both Chris and I will be back to work and experiencing one of our busiest times of year when the little one is ready for solid foods (UGH...THE FALL!)...that is where the Babycook comes into play!

This little gadget is a steamer, blender, warmer and defroster in one appliance. Meaning...we can steam vegetables and fruits (and meat or fish if we were interested...which we aren't), then we can puree or blend it, then we can put it in their adorable food trays and when we are ready to feed her, we can defrost and reheat it...all in one machine! Plus...the bowl and basket are dishwasher safe and BPA free.

Speaking of their adorable food trays....they are BPA -free silicone containers that have seven 2-oz sized cups to help with serving sizes...plus, they come in really fun colors. Beaba also has a travel bag, serving utensils and a cookbook. AH...I can't wait!
 
Now...I realize that I sound like a commercial for this product that I haven't even tried yet. But excuse me, I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment