Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bye Bye Popcorn!

One of the most intimidating tasks to prep the nursery was saying goodbye to the popcorn ceiling. It seemed like such a messy, tedious job that I was really dreading it...but it was so stinkin' simple. Before I knew Chris started the project, he was done.  I was so impressed!

If this is something you are thinking about for your home, follow these simple steps:

Remove all furniture from the room. If you have carpet, place a tarp (or something similar) from wall to wall. Although easy, this is a messy, messy project! Spray water over the area you wish to remove and then proceed to scrape....that's it! For safety purposes, Chris wore a pair of goggles.





Literally, this project took 30 minutes to complete. All the popcorn in the nursery is gone...next step...PAINT!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I didn't know that could be so easy. I really want to get rid of our popcorn ceilings, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to do our whole house now...but I don't want to move furniture! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to come see this with my own eyes! I despise our popcorn ceilings.

    ReplyDelete