Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pamperin' those toes!

Detoxing beauty products can be challenging...espcially when you have become attached to a certain color. I had no issue getting rid of my products that cleanse, even finiding new make-up wasn't too bad...but finding nail polish that was non-toxic, not an arm and a leg expensive and was attractive was proving difficult. Having a bun in the oven finally pushed me to take the plunge and I purchased non-toxic polish and remover.

Let's start with the soy polish remover. I found it on Gaiam and even though it was $28 (gasp)...I'm sold! Not only did this product do it's job but my nail beds never felt better. It actually moisturizers as it removes...brilliant! The remover is naturally derived from corn and soy, plus it is free of carcinogens and petroleum.  To top it off, it is 100% biodegradable! That moisturizing feeling that I'm now obsessed with is from organge oil, which encoruages healthy nail growth while it nourishes the nail bed. Thankfully, a little goes a long way so it will be a little while before I'll have to purchase again.



This nail polish is just as fabulous as its toxic counterparts! I like to keep my nails a little more neutral so I didn't mind the slim color choices at Gaiam. My only issue with it was the price...$16...a bit pricy for polish. But great news...it is free of all carcingogens!

Although these products aren't exactly wallet-friendly...it is nice to splurge every once and awhile on products that are healthy for me and the little one growing! Even though I don't see my toes as often as I did...it's nice to know (or think) they look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment