Monday, November 29, 2010

Easy-Bake Oven Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I just love this time of year because there is so much to celebrate and such excitement in the air!

Chris and I drove out to Leesville to spend this Thanksgiving with my family...and it was just as crazy as could be expected! The Wednesday before the big day my mother's oven went out but, without missing a beat, she ran out and bought not one, but two toaster ovens.


It took a little longer to cook all of the dishes than we originally planned but it was delicious nonetheless. We will always remember this as the "Easy-Bake Oven" Thanksgiving!

Being the "difficult" ones as my family claims, Chris and I had to cook some of the dishes separately. Mainly just the dressing and gravy. So...my mother cooks a gravy with chicken broth, giblets, etc...


 and then I cooked a gravy with vegetable broth...which was delicious...


Regardless....look how cute we are in matching aprons!


This was our first Thanksgiving with my sister's boyfriend in attendance and he has sealed his place in our hearts forever. He made his family's mac-n-cheese...which was downright sinfully amazing...


My great-grandmother's dishes really made the table special! Beautifully set by my mother...


Lastly, the spread! We were STARVING when the easy-bake-ovens finished cooking everything...but it was all worth the wait! Dressing, Sweet Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Corn Pudding, Mac-n-Cheese and more...yum, yum, yum!



What favorite dish did you enjoy this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment