Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Fountain of Youth

Do you know those moments when you have a realization so life-changing that you are instantly excited and happy? Well, one day a few years ago I stayed home sick from work and had one...while watching Oprah.

It was one of those episodes that the audience members are just ticked they picked to visit during "that show" (being the one she didn't give anything away or have anyone famous sitting next to her). It was highlighting these women who were in their 40s, 50s or older who looked like they were in their 20s or 30s. I was intrigued. Oprah introduced each woman, had the audience guess their age, had them reveal their true age, and then had the camera man focus on the shocked, and I mean SHOCKED,  faces in the audience. She then asked each woman their secret and nearly all declared MOISTURIZING as their secret weapon. How simple...How obvious...How ingenious!

As a result, I've been obsessed with lotions and oils ever since. Who doesn't want to look younger?

All of this build up is leading somewhere, I promise. In my efforts to stay ever so moisturized, I've discovered really horrible products and really great products. While wasting time in TJ Maxx recently, I stumbled across the brand Bella B that had this adorable bee on the packaging that was obviously pregnant and I fell for the marketing immediately! They had two different products there and I went home with both.
Come to find out Bella B Bodycare is all-natural and formulated specifically for expecting and new mothers. They use clean, natural formulations free of petroleum, mineral oils, lanolin, parabens, artificial preservatives and sheep-wool by-products. And of course, no animal testing! So far so good...

The first product I tried was Body Buzz, an all-over body firming cream to help fight cellulite naturally. They market it for post-preggers, but I'm using it now and loving it! It has a really clean smell and applies easily.

My next new obsession is their Tummy to Toes, which is a cream to help those tired legs and feet. Each night(ok...early evening) as I jump into bed, I give my feet a quick rub with this stuff and it is heavenly! That nasty strong menthol smell that most foot creams have is not the case here! My feet go to bed happy and wake up refreshed!
After a little research, I found that Bella B products can be found easily at  most Wal-mart, Target, and similar stores. I'm on the look out for their Tummy Honey Butter to help prevent stretch marks, their Mama Soak for refreshing and relaxing baths and more! Preggers or not, these products are great for you and, seemingly, the environment. Enjoy!

Don't you love it when you stumble across good products!

1 comment: