Monday, December 6, 2010

{Stocking Stuffer} Josie Maran Cosmetics

Looking for some stocking stuffer ideas for an eco-chic lady? Check this out...

Recently, I was in the market for new make up so I purchased some Josie Maran products and color me impressed! Although they are a bit pricey, I've been using them for a few weeks now and I have to say...worth every penny. Their marketing slogan is "Josie Maran Cosmetics...Luxury with a Conscience" and after looking at their ingredient list for their products, I know they mean it. Here are the pieces I have purchased and fallen in love with...

Argan Primer Mist

Argan Oil is the Moroccan cure-all. I've used it on my hair before and was shocked by the results! I was hesitate to use on my face since I typically have oily skin, but my face has loved it, especially in these cooler months. According to their website, this primer is infused with stem cells harvested from sea fennel and stimulates new cell growth, repairs and reverses damage caused by the sun, fights signs of aging and improves skin tone for a radiant, renewed complexion. All I know, is that I've had no break-outs, my make up lasts longer and my skin stays hydrated and, in my opinion, looks and feels better! The only issue I had was with the application. Apparently, my aim is off so instead of just misting my face, I spray two shots in my hand and apply to my face.


Argan Mascara

For some reason, I am very particular about mascara. So for this product to pass my personal tests...winner. This mascara has yet to clump or go on to heavy. I feel like I'm barely putting any one before my lashes grow before my eyes. The formula is paraben and fragrance free and has organic ingredients like Jojoba oil, Argan oil and Beeswax to help condition and strengthen lashes. I got the black and have no intention of going back to any other product!





Argan Blush


I'm only semi-in love with this blush. I do feel like I have to put a little more on than other brands to get the proper coloring. However, the color I do achieve lasts longer and looks more natural. After looking at the website a little harder, I notice that they encourage you to start with a subtle veil of color and then layer until desired intensity is achieved. Apparently, the sheer consistency allows for complete control. I do like the Blossom color because I feel like I can use it almost every day.



Argan Concealer

For those imperfections that tend to pop up, especially when pregnant, concealer is a must. I've always had issues with under my eyes, but lately I've had a few discolorations pop up as well. Anyway...I really like this concealer! It is super easy to blend and it disappears to make my skin look normal.







The packaging of these products is very sleek and fancy, not to mention responsible! The products are packaged in glass, aluminum, plastic or paper that can be recycled. To take it a step further, they are also compostable! Polylactic acid (PLA) is formed into the containers and packaging. So, when you are done with the product, simply remove the mirror and toss in the compost! How cool is that?!?
 
These are the only products I've tried so far but I plan to try more soon. What about you, have you tired Josie Maran Cosmetics? Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment