Friday, December 3, 2010

Easy-to-Make Wreath

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Chris and I have been busy getting our home decorated for the holidays. I just had to share this easy-to-make wreath. It took me no time and I love the way it looks on our front door!

To get started you will need an artificial wreath, your choice of decorative mesh foil, your choice of decorative ribbon,  and little extras to add into it. Since we have a very shiny Christmas with glitter everywhere, I've chosen a Santa sign and decorative glitter sticks.

First things first, gather your decorative foil and wrap one of the stems around it. Since they are wired-based, it makes it really easy to keep everything gathered and in place. I'm obsessed with decorative foil because it makes a great show when used in bunches. Continue to bunch and twist around the entire wreath.


Next, add your decorative ribbon, in the same fashion.



Lastly, add your decorative extras. I used the wiring of the wreath to keep everything in place. It was so easy!



We finally finished our front door and I love it with all the lights on. This picture isn't very good but I just had to share! We have garland, grapevine and more decorative mesh around the door frame. Just love it!




How is your holiday decorating coming?

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I paid way too much for mine when I could have made them myself! I'm not as talented as you though! Great job;)

    ReplyDelete