Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fleur de Lis Pizza

To kick off our Local Pizza Challenge, we headed over to Fleur de Lis Pizza.


Although embarrassing to admit, this was my first visit to the infamous BR pizza joint. I had heard so many fabulous things about this pizza that my expectations were super high and, admittedly, almost impossible to meet. So, it shouldn't be a surprise that I left wanting more...

Taste

Rachel- 3 slices

Was this pizza tasty? Yes. Did it rock my world? No.


I ordered the Large Vegetarian Pizza with no substitutions. Onions, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Hot Peppers, and Black Olives topped the thin crust pizza. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of black olives and there was TONS on this pizza. But, I didn't let this cloud my judgement.


This pizza was quite enjoyable... The crust had a really nice crunch, the sauce was yummy and the veggies were plentiful! It just wasn't as great, grand and wonderful as I had been told...

Chris- 5 slices


You could say we differ a bit! Chris is a huge fan of thin crust pizza and hasn't stopped raving about Fleur De Lis since we left. To each their own!

Affordability

Rachel-  4 slices

For $10.50, I left full and even had some leftover for later. Not too shabby!

Chris- 4 slices

Atmosphere
Rachel- 2 slices

I hate to be this negative...but...the atmosphere was really lacking. It was super dark, we had to move tables because the air conditioner was leaking onto our table, the tables were shaky and questionably clean...it just wasn't my style. I love hole-in-the-walls just as much as the next person but this was a little too shady for me.


To be positive, I will say that I LOVED that the drinks were served in the classic glass bottles!

Chris- 3 slices
Overall Experience

Rachel- 3 slices (average of other categories)

Overall, I just wasn't impressed. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. The server was nice but not super attentive. The pizza was good but not life-changing. The venue was neat but just not "best of BR" quality.

If you are planning on visiting FDL keep in mind that they do not accept credit cards! Only slightly inconvenient but if you are prepared, it's no big deal.

Chris- 4 slices

Total:  7 slices


Lily slept the entire time!

Fleur de Lis Pizza on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I want to show my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make audience, browse the whole thing to the end. I'd really like to read more of your blogs and to talk about my views with you. I'll be your frequent website visitor, that’s for sure.
    Alfresco Bars in Singapore

    ReplyDelete