Friday, June 10, 2011

{Made with Love} Herb Markers

I have a new obsession....chalkboard paint. It is a wondrous thing! You can literally turn anything into a chalkboard. I didn't even know how much I like chalkboards until now...but it's all over...I love 'em!

As I was washing a soup can before tossing it into the recycling, I asked myself...what could I do with this? Re-purposing trash is one of my favorite things to do. So, I thought and thought and thought...

Finally, I came up with an idea...decorative herb markers!



Enjoy!

Materials

Top of Tin Can
Chalkboard Paint
Wooden Dowel (painted, if desired)
Glue Gun
Ribbon or Raffia







1. Paint your top with the chalkboard paint. Its best to do two coats of the paint, one with horizontal strokes and the other with vertical strokes. For best results, wait at least an hour between coats. I also painted my wooden doyle a light blue color.


2. Once dry, glue your wooden dowel to your painted top.


3. Lastly, add your lagniappe...AKA your raffia or ribbon and chalk the name of your herb!


Ta-Da!

My husband recently completed his "23 Pot Challenge". Basically, he found 23 flower pots in our shed and wanted to fill them all with something different. We have various herbs, wildflowers, even trees growing in various pots in our backyard. As much as I love it, this challenge of his makes herb/flower makers a necessity...so, until they are all marked properly...it looks like we'll be enjoying some soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment