Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Summer To-Do List

I've been on maternity leave for 3 weeks now and I'm starting to go a little stir crazy. I don't want to over-do it for the next two months, but I have to make some goals to keep me motivated...and sane!

So, this is my to-do list for Summer 2011:

1. Develop a proper schedule for Lily...and us! We are on the right track but we aren't quite there yet.

2. Get back in the kitchen. I've missed getting my hands dirty while experimenting with new foods and recipes...so it's time to jump back in there!

3. Become a better blogger. In my defense, I've been a little distracted lately! =) But... I want to post more interesting things more regularly.

4.  Bye-Bye Baby Weight! Ok...I'm not delusional enough to think that I'll get back to a better ol' me in the next two months...but I can try!

5. Finish some home projects. We have a few things around the house that aren't quite done, including our hall bathroom, our front room, our porch and the trim in almost every room in our house. No time like the present to finish!

6. Get creative! While I'm at home with Lily, I might as well flex my creative muscles! I want to start making little accessories for Lily, like hair bows. Why spend a fortune buying all these fun little girl things, when I can make it!

7. Paint the kitchen. This room is all one color and it needs to be spiced up!

8. Save some cash with coupons! My friend Jennifer is awesome at saving tons with coupons. She has a blast doing it and I'm ready to do the same!

9. Become a Scrapbook Queen! My mother recently brought me a scrapbook my great-grandmother made right after I was born and this got me thinking...I should do this for Lily! So...let the documenting begin!

10. Start creating family memories! Ok, so Lily won't remember anything we do this summer, but that shouldn't stop us from having fun family adventures!

Should be a fun summer!

10 comments:

  1. Maintaining a clean room is especially needed during the warmer months. I organize my kid's nursery every now and then.

    round crib

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about updating the facilities so your room will look great. Choose appropriate furniture as well.

    wicker outdoor furniture

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan to spend more time in the kitchen as well, especially now that I just had it redesigned and it looks so much better than before.

    kitchen remodeling nyc

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the end of last summer, we were able to finally finish the windows project. We decided to go with windows with B rated double glazing. I recommend to check for the label for the window's energy efficiency.

    security shutters perth

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kids had fun painting not the kitchen but their rooms. We decided to repaint their rooms and let the kids decide about the new concepts.

    concrete perth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rearranging and renovating children's rooms will make it more homely.

    crane hire perth

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's important for you to occassionally renoavate your house to prevent it from decreasing value.

    timber flooring perth

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is also important to check the walls and tiles for possible breakage and leakage. This will prevent from further damage. Summer is an exciting season and it's even more exciting if you have a house that's free from cracks and other damages that may cause harm to the whole family.

    veneer anchors

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great lists. I would suggest designing your house and put a creative furniture would also great idea to add on your list. If I have a free time, I used to redesign my bedroom and put some creativity on it..

    Furniture Removalists

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree. This list is very comprehensive. Painting the kitchen would be a very good thing to do to make the entire house compelling. You may also add renovating any cracked flooring outside your house.

    concrete repair

    ReplyDelete