Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tasty Pasta Salad

I made this tasty, tasty pasta salad this weekend for a party Chris and I hosted and WOW...yummy! It was difficult selecting a menu for the shindig but we tried to keep it as vegan friendly as possible. There was definitely a cheese role in some of the dips but the chili (recipe in an earlier post) and the pasta salad were vegan! Check out the recipe from Food Network, that I tweaked a bit:

Garden Pasta Salad
1 (16 ounce) package uncooked spiral whole wheat pasta
1/2 cup grated carrots
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1 (16-ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing

Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until al dente. Rinse under cold water, and drain. Mix carrots, celery, peppers, tomatoes, and green onion together in large bowl. Add the cooled pasta and mix together. Pour the dressing over mixture and chill before serving.

I actually doubled the recipe and made WAY too much but it was actually better the next day! Can’t wait to make this again!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo glad you posted this recipe yesterday! I always try to have something in mind to make when I get home for dinner so I don't freak out and eat crazy stuff all night. I had no clue yesterday until I saw this post! I actually halfed your recipe and still ended up with enough for probably 8 people LOL!

    ReplyDelete