Monday, July 12, 2010

Bravo! Cucina Italiana

Bravo is the perfect name for this restaurant! Chris and I had such an amazing and relaxing weekend...which included a Saturday lunch at a new restaurant...Bravo! Cucina Italiana.

The dimmed lighting and the warm decor create the perfect ambiance for a date! As we were sitting there, I told Chris that this would be the perfect place for a first date because the dimmed lighting at night would make EVERYONE look their best! It is a very open floor plan so the restaurant feels giant. The kitchen is open so you get a sneak peak into what is going on and the smells of the tasty cooking lingers in the air! My mouth was watering when we walked in the door!

The service was outstanding! Sean, our waiter, was very helpful and attentive but no where near annoying. I couldn't make up my mind on the entree and he gave me a bunch of great pointers. Which leads to my next point, there were several vegetarian options!

Each table is able to enjoy bread and dipping sauce. It was so good, we have to have a bread basket refill!


Chris started with the Bravo Chopped Salad which is chopped greens, cucumber, red onion, tomato, olives, Feta cheese and traditional Italian dressing. Talk about yummy...and giant!

He then enjoyed the Cheese Ravioli Al Forno, which is housemade cheese ravioli striped with basil-pine nut pesto and tomato sauces over Alfredo sauce. It was really tasty and the presentation was appealing!


I was torn between several pasta dishes but finally settled on the Rigatoni Melanzana, which is roasted eggplant, fresh tomato sauce and Mozzarella topped with fresh basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano. HOLY WOW! The eggplant literally melted in my mouth and was the perfect choice!

This Italian restaurant needs to be on your list if you haven't enjoyed it already! We loved it and can't wait to go back!

Bravo! Cucina Italiana on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Omg i ate there for the 1st time last week for a work event. I got the chopped salad (no feta) and the soup was gazpacho so I got that too. I was totally unimpressed :( I had a really hard tome finding healthy choices on the menu. I try to eat zero dairy/meat at work (because it's usually easy to avoid and gives me a good excuse to say no to chocolate chip cookies in the break room haha) but I was totally unsatisfied with my lunch at Bravo. I totally should have gone w/ dairy that meal and gotten what you got. YUM!

    ReplyDelete