Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Latte e Miele

Last week I had one REALLY bad day. Chris, being wonderful and knowing that I enjoy eating my feelings, made the perfect suggestion..."Let's ride on out to Latte e Miele for some gelato! That will make you feel better!" And although I felt a little guilty about consuming so much dairy...on the whole, he was right...I felt much better after stuffing my face with gelato!

According to their fabulous website, Latte e Miele, meaning "Milk and Honey", is a traditional Roman Gelateria. Their Italian-style coffee is brewed to order and their gelato is prepared in-house daily. They use local and seasonal ingredients in their original and unique recipes AND their gelato contains 40% less fat than commercial ice creams...they had me at local and seasonal! The farm fresh, whole milk is from Kleinpeter Dairy Farm and the sugar is 100% Louisiana Pure Cane Sugar. Zero preservatives and zero-trans fat makes this all-natural treat well worth the drive!

When we walked in, there were a few people in line ahead of us and I was shocked to see them trying sample after sample. I literally think they tried EVERY flavor available! I couldn't believe it...how rude, right? Nope! The employees were getting a kick out of it! The pride they had in their product was obvious and they wanted to make sure every customer was able to select the perfect gelato flavor. So Chris and I joined in the fun!


The more I tried the more difficult the decision became...they were all so good! Eventually, I decided among their original flavor, Milk and Honey. They even added some fresh blackberries...it was to die for...literally, I thought about it!



Chris decided on Tiramisu and it also tasted like a little piece of heaven!


If you are in the mood for a sweet cold treat, look no further!

You can follow Latte de Miele on Twitter @LeMGelato or on Facebook.

Latte e Miele on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment