Friday, July 23, 2010

The Drunken Fish

In our quest to eat at restaurants we have not yet been, Chris and I stumbled upon The Drunken Fish for dinner. To add to our enjoyment, this is one of Urbanspoon's Best Baton Rouge Restaurants, so we are tearing through the list at a good pace!

We walked in at a good time because the place was dead empty. We were greeted right away and waited no time for our green teas to arrive. It was great!

The menu is a beast! There are so many options and even a separate category full of vegetarian dishes. We started with, of course, miso soup. It was delicious!


We then enjoyed the Aged Dashi Tofu appetizer, which is deep fried tofu in a special soy based sauce and flavored with ginger and green onions. I typically do not enjoy tofu out-right like this...but it wasn't rubbery like I find some fried tofu can be...it was very tasty!



The menu is a great combination of Japanese and Vietnamese influences that really create a unique cuisine. But I wasn't interested in any of that...I am a sushi addict...so I went straight to the rolls.  To my excitement, there was more than just the Avocado and Cucumber Rolls for me! I mean, I ordered those too BUT, finally a specialty roll that isn't full of fish! The Fitness Roll is cucumber, avocado, lettuce and seaweed salad wrapped in soybean paper. It is a larger roll so you look like you stuffed 10 pieces of gum in your month while you are eating...but worth it!


Disclaimer: Although I am a self-proclaimed fatty, I did not eat all this sushi alone!

The Drunken Fish is a unique treasure hidden right off the LSU campus. We had great service and didn't spend a fortune for it. Next time we head that way, I am planning on enjoying some of their other tasty looking entrees but...when the mood strikes for sushi I don't have the power to say no!

Drunken Fish on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. That sushi looks amazing! I love all your food pictures. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete