Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Safely Clean Clothes

I am a semi-professional clothes washer. I'm meticulous when sorting and I read labels like it's my job. Switching to a more responsible detergent was a difficult step for me because I didn't feel like anything was getting my clothes clean "enough". I'm not a stinky person or even a germ-a-phob...I'm just crazy about laundry.

I took the giant leap of faith and tried soap nuts. There is a cult-like following with soap nuts...some are just nuts about soap nuts...unfortunately, I am not one of those people. It didn't work for me...maybe I wasn't doing it right, who knows...I'm just not a fan.

While shopping at my favorite place on Earth...Sam's Club...my eyes fell upon Ecos Liquid Laundry Detergent. On a whim, we purchased to try it out....and VOILA...our search was over! This earth-friendly product has the warm and calming smell of lavender...which is one of my favorite smells! It is safe for high efficiency and front loading appliances. AND, it has a coconut-based softener in it! YAY! Since it is GIANT, it takes me a few months to work through it...so it is eco-friendly and budget wonderful...my favorite combination!



My search for an alternative to dryer sheets has not been as successful. I just purchased the Static Eliminator, which came 2 per box with an estimated 500 usage per sheet. The reviews were all very positive so I was beyond excited. However, I've noticed that my clothes come out great but towels and sheets are a different story. I'm dealing with it for now...but the search continues.


If you are having more luck than me, please share!

1 comment:

  1. You must get the Bounce Bar! It's a static-controlling bar that you simply stick to the inside of the dryer. It's only 4 bucks and lasts 4 months. No more dryer sheets! It even tells you when it needs to be replaced. :)

    I recommend it to everyone - an awesome solution to wasteful dryer sheets.

    ReplyDelete