Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Zoe's Kitchen

Chris and I were in the mood for something quick and casual for dinner last night and decided on Zoe's Kitchen in Towne Center.

When you walk in you are hit with the floor to ceiling color! Decorating with oranges, blues, yellows and other bright and crisp colors, this restaurant screams modern and fun.

The menu is simple and casual, donning mainly sandwiches. It has a Mediterranean vibe and all of the menu items are built around fresh vegetables, cheeses, olive oils along with produce, chicken and fish. The chain's philosophy revolves around fresh ingredients and moderation for a well balanced diet.

Although I appreciate the fresh ingredients vibe, there wasn't a whole lot of options for vegetarians. Only one hot item was available, the Spinach Quesadillas, which I ordered with their specialty slaw. The quesadillas weren't anything special...very tasty, but nothing that blew me away. The slaw on the other hand, was outstanding!



Chris went with the Grilled Feta Sandwich with caramelized onions, feta cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. I stole a bite, and it was pretty yummy! I will definitely go with a sandwich next time!




Although there wasn't a ton of veggie items to choose from, we will definitely be heading back. The items we ordered and the other sandwich options looked very tasty and we enjoyed the atmosphere. Our meat loving friends would really enjoy this place, so we encourage you to check it out!

Zoe's Kitchen on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. We have a zoe's kitchen here too and I had the exact same reaction! It's really cool inside like an ikea or something lol.. but yeah... very few veggie choices and the only vegan choice was the hummus! I got the slaw too! I don't think I'll go back... it seemed really expensive and I could go to a cheap mediterranean spot for some $3 hummus lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I forgot to mention that we spent about $19 for the two of us to eat. It was a nice treat but not something we will do all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh looks so good! i can't wait to be in a big city!

    ReplyDelete