Thursday, June 10, 2010

2010 FIFA World Cup


WOO HOO WORLD CUP!!! Most people do not know that I was pretty excited about soccer when I was in high school. I was one of the captains of the LHS Lady Cat Soccer Team back in my day and even helped start that team my freshman year. Yeah...I was pretty cool. Too bad I stunk it up on the field! Despite my lack of talent, I still loved the game and that fuels my excitement for the 2010 FIFA World Cup that kicks off tomorrow!

The good ol' USA team starts their play this Saturday against England. Being a citizen of both of those countries, I have to say I'm pretty excited about this match...but obviously my heart belongs to the USA! Don't miss this match 2:30pm ET on Saturday! I'll be watching with some close friends in Florida this weekend as we gather for a wedding! We lucked out on the timings of both so we will be able to enjoy both!

Throughout the World Cup two of my friends, Jay with Bite and Booze and Boo with The BR Beer Scene will be featuring dishes and beers from all of the participating counties, respectively. Those are both really exciting and well-written blogs, so I encourage you to check both of them out. I know I will be following closely! Thanks guys for being so spirited and awesome!

Are you excited about the World Cup? If so, how are you celebrating and who are you cheering on?
Please share your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. You bet I'm excited about the World Cup! In fact, I'll be picking up some Dos Equis and Negra Modelo this evening in anticipation of some Mexico soccer tomorrow. All leading up to the big England/USA match of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO...I love both those beers! BTW, I thought of you while we were in St. Lucia! Their local beer, Piton, is AMAZING! If you ever see it, pick it up! Very smooth and tasty!

    ReplyDelete