Monday, June 21, 2010

Craig's List Adventures!

Yard sales might be one of my favorite things! So, when I discovered that Craig's List was essentially an online yard sale, I about died! Over the weekend, I had two very different Craig's List adventures....one with a happy ending and, unfortunately, one that did not end well.

I found a set of four living room tables that I was super excited about...but unfortunately, when we were on our way to the designated meeting and purchase point, we received the call that they had just sold. Needless to say, I was not thrilled! But from this experience, I've learned to ask "how many other interested buyers are there?" Live and learn!

Luckily, I had also found a dining room set for super, super cheap! And the sale was a success! WOO HOO! It is a china cabinet, serving hutch, dining table with two inserts and six chairs! Our living room is painted green and this set just happened to be a yellow color with green accents. Sounds scary but it really fits perfectly! Here are the photos that were online:




All I need to do really is reupholster the chairs with a more modern fabric.  Don't worry, I'll post pictures of that DIY project and the finished room!

No comments:

Post a Comment