Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lush-ious Beauty!

Since I buy everything I possibly can in bulk, it is a long and winding process for me to get rid of the last of my harmful, chemically-filled beauty products. I'm not one to waste so I decided to use everything I had and just replace needed items with more natural and eco-chic options.

Last week, the time finally came for me to purchase new shampoo. I'm weird about my hair products because my hair is so....what is the word....not-awesome! I have the blessing of true combination...oily roots and dry ends...thanks genetics! I stopped dying my hair about a year and a half ago...so at least it isn't completely damaged anymore...baby steps!  Anyway...my search brought me to Lush (in the Mall of Louisiana) and I was immediately hit by the wonderful scents of the hand-made, completely natural products!


Trying not to get distracted, I went straight to the shampoo products and was dumb-founded by what I found...solid shampoo! Maybe I'm behind the times...but this baffled me! No packaging, what a wonderful thought!


I purchased the Seanick Shampoo Bar which is made of fine sea salt for volume, Nori seaweed to soften and nourish, lemon oil to cleanse and help with shine and then fragrance of mimosa and orange blossom absolutes. WOW! The scent is to die for and, after one use, I was sold on the volume and shine aspects as well! My hair feels great and, at the risk of sounding vain, looks pretty good too!

Since I can't leave with only one purchase, I picked up some solid perfume as well. I was running dangerously low and wanted to pick a scent that was more natural and appropriate for me.


I went with Karma Solid Perfume which is a blend of patchouli, orange oil and lemongrass essential oils. I'm obsessed with it and put it one multiple times a day...sad, I know!


And because I was such an excellent customer...despite all my nagging questions...they gave me a sample of Lemslip Soap which is a conditioning body cleanser with lemon, lime, cocoa and coconut butters...yummy! My skin feels clean and silky...love it!

I'm now utterly in love with Lush and cannot wait to get more of their wonderfully natural and hand-made products!

4 comments:

  1. what an awesome post! I saw a shampoo bar on etsy one time, but it kinda scared me lol! idk why... just something totally different than what we are all used to. I'm so excited to hear about Lush. I hadn't heard of that store. I'll have to google and see if there is one close to me in NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me extremely happy! It is sometimes so difficult and confusing to choose products that are right for the environment and our bodies. We need to take a trip here, so you can show me what you learned! And of course, I am dying to see your hair today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with Lush products! My favorite is the Rock Star soap. For the first of the year they usually do a crazy sale on soaps - buy one get two free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the bath bombs!! they have ones with glitter in them too. very sassy:)

    ReplyDelete