Friday, June 18, 2010

Eggplant Sandwiches...YUM!

As I was walking into my house last night after work, I dug into my mailbox and what did I find?

My new Real Simple magazine! Yay!

I started flipping through it as I was trying to think of what to cook for dinner when I spotted the most delicious picture! I wasted no time...I showed it to Chris and off we went to make "Eggplant Sandwiches"!

We didn't follow the Real Simple recipe but we used the basics...enjoy!


First, we cut the eggplant into slices, dipped into soy milk and then covered with bread crumbs before frying in vegetable oil.

As those cooled, we cut up some tomatoes and sprinkled with sea salt, cracked pepper and basil. (so yum!)

We also had some avocado slices and romaine lettuce.

We put one eggplant slice down first, then topped with the tomatoes, lettuce and avocado and then finished it off with another eggplant slice. What a yummy sandwich! Knife and Fork optional!

No comments:

Post a Comment