Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chips + Salsa = My Obsession

To thank them for taking care of our precious kitties while we were gone, we took my sister and her boyfriend  to dinner last night. Still inspired by Urbanspoon's Best of Baton Rouge list, we ventured to Coyote Blues for some fresh Mexican cuisine.


The atmosphere of the restaurant was not my favorite. It was really crowded so it was very loud. I think if we were seated in a booth, it would have been a different story but we were seated in the middle of the restaurant, very close to our neighbors. I couldn't really hear the waitstaff when they visited our table, but they were very nice and accommodating.

To my surprise, there was more than one vegetarian entree option! Normally, I have to get creative, so this was refreshing!


As I sipped on my tasty frozen house margarita and enjoyed the chips and salsa starter, I weighed my options and debated between the Portobello Veggie Fajitas and the Vegetarian Especial Enchiladas. I went with the latter and YUMMY!


The picture is horrible so don't judge it based on that! It was a marinated Portobello mushroom sautéed with organic spinach in a green corn tortilla topped with Poblano cream sauce. It was served with Mexican rice and the best corn succotash I've ever had!

It was a little pricey but the food was worth it! All in all, great dinner! We will definitely go back!

I think Sarah and Ladd enjoyed themselves too, what do yo think?



1 comment:

  1. I love their Organic Spinach salad. Yummy bleu cheese w/ candied pecans, mangos & apple cider vinaigrette. I usually add grilled shrimp, but of course you wouldn't have to. Yum!

    ReplyDelete