Monday, August 23, 2010

Fresh Start!

Working on a college campus, I live my life on a semester calendar. SO, with today being the first day of Fall classes, I need to re-evaluate my summer to-do list and set one for the fall.

Let's see how I did:

1. Finally make our house a home! Still a work in progress.
2. Discover a love for cooking! Also, a work in progress.
3. Purchase a Cricut! DONE and CHECK!
4. Create more of a foundation for Bliss Events by Rachel! Definitely made some progress...
5. Go to yoga at least twice a week. Failed miserably...
6. Start a "girls only" book and wine club! I tried but my friends weren't so excited about it...
7. Have a garage sale! DONE AND CHECK!
8. Weekend trip to New Orleans! Failed miserably! Just never got the chance...ugh!
9. Volunteer more! Signed up for stuff but the events aren't until the Fall...in progress
10. Be a better friend! Definitely made progress...I've been having so much fun with people!
11. Improve on written correspondence! Ordered the stationery, just need to send it now!
12. Create an oasis of zen and beauty in the back yard!  Moving this to cooler times!
13. Ace the GRE! Failed miserably! Not the GRE, didn't even sign up for it...I'm rethinking grad school...
14. Take my LSU office up a notch! Well, I hung a painting and cleaned it up a bit...so progress!
15. Update the wardrobe! Definitely made progress but more shopping needed!

Now...here is my to-do list for this Fall:
 

1. Take a weekend trip to Phoenix! I'm planning this for a weekend in October and I couldn't be more excited! My friend has lived there for a few years and I can't wait to visit!
 
2. Finish our bedroom! We have all the necessary furniture, bedding and window treatments so we are so close to being done. Now we just need all the pretties and the trim painted, so it shouldn't be too hard.
 
3. Finish our dining room! Again, all the necessary furniture is placed we just need the little additions. I need to reupholster the dining room chairs, hang a few more items on the walls and paint the trim. Should be another simple fix!
 
4. Start working on the hall bathroom updates! This room is in BIG TIME need of help...it might not get finished this Fall but it definitely needs to get started! Poor Chris!
 
5. Take a weekend trip to Chicago! Chris has a work thing in Chicago in October so I'm going to tag along for a fun and romantic trip for the two of us...can't wait!
 
6. Survive football season with a smile! I love LSU football but it is very different when you work the games so I'm going to try to survive the season with a positive attitude and spirit!
 
7. Work on the curb appeal and back yard of the house! We tried to tackle this over the summer but it is WAY too hot so we are putting on hold until the Fall.
 
8. Kick some tail with my upcoming weddings! I'm so excited about Bliss Events by Rachel and the three weddings I have book for this Fall...stay tuned!
 
9. Have a few dinner parties! Once the dining room is finished, no excuses! This will give me the opportunity to show off the space and some excellent veggie dishes...stay tuned!
 
10. Get happy with my physical-ness! I have been pretty lazy since the wedding with working out, eating right and staying presentable, so this area needs a bit of work this Fall! People get confused when I say I haven't been eating right because I'm a vegetarian. That is an easy misgiving of eating a vegetarian diet...just because I can't eat meat doesn't mean I'm not filling up on bean burritos from Taco Bell...
 
These are just a few of things I need to get done this Fall. Fingers crossed I get more crossed off than I did with my summer list!
 
What are you hoping to get done this Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment