Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Zip Zip Zip A Roo!

There is a fabulous little Mexican joint on Perkins that is a staple for college students and others looking for fun on a budget...it is Zippy's.


I literally went here every Friday evening for a solid year...it was awesome. Living in the Hundred Oaks area, we still hit Zippy's up for a quick meal or to hang out with friends. When I was trying to explain Zippy's to my mother before her first visit, I told her it was a Mexican Subway, because to order you walk up to the counter, tell the guy what you are craving and then you watch him make it. Bing Bang Bongo! The atmosphere is really fun and laid back. The restaurant is definetly kid friendly and I've even brought the puppy to hang out on the patio...although we won't be doing that again anytime soon. Ollie just isn't ready...

A vegetarian can have a good ol' time here. Most of their entrees have veggie only options and since everything is pretty much made to go, you can customize almost everything. When I'm feeling naughty I consume the cheese enchiladas with a fierce determination...they are so yummy and are served with refried beans and rice. However, during my last visit, I behaved and ordered the Veggie Taco Salad.


I skipped the tortilla shell on the bottom and started with a nice bed of lettuce. I then added black beans and rice with tons of grilled veggies (onions, bell peppers and mushrooms). Next came the grilled corn, pico de gallo, salsa and guacamole. Lastly, since I was really in the mood for it...I added their avocado ranch. Delicious!


And, since no meal at Zippy's is complete without it...I ordered a Strawberry Margarita. My favorite!


They recently added Skinny frozen drinks to the menu. Not bad...at first you can tell there is no sugar added but after 10 it really doesn't matter anymore...mainly because nothing really matters anymore.

Whether you are looking for lunch, dinner or just a place to hang out and drink...Zippy's is a great option! Enjoy!

Zippy's Burrito's Tacos & More on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. I could use a margarita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahaha love the margarita part :)
    What a cool place, I wish they had one here I could check out !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm.. I'm in for a margarita! looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE CAN'T REPEL FLAVOR OF THAT MAGNITUDE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever asked about the refried beans? When I asked last night, I was told that they have lard. :/

    ReplyDelete