Friday, August 6, 2010

My new favorite salsa!

As I have previously stated, I LOVE CHIPS AND SALSA! I could (and have) eaten just chips and salsa as an entire meal. This goes beyond a guilty pleasure...I just love it. When I came across the recipe for Blueberry Avocado Salsa on Manifest: Vegan, I'll admit, I was really nervous but I was determined to try it anyway...and I'm so glad I powered through because it is has now knocked mango salsa out of the running for my favorite salsa of all time! Enjoy!

Blueberry Avocado Salsa
1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, quartered
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 tbsp lime juice + extra for drizzling onto avocados
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp chopped jalapeno pepper
1 ripe avocado, cut into small chunks


Pulse all ingredients (except for avocado) a few times in a food processor.



Then, cut up your avocado and drizzle with lime juice. Stir in chopped avocado with the rest of your salsa ingredients. Add a touch more salt, if desired. Serve immediately.



Look how gorgeous that is! I just love all the great colors! Now, Chris and I thought we were being "smart" when we ignored the recipe that suggested only 1 tablespoon of jalapeno pepper. We just chopped up a giant one and tossed the entire thing in there, seeds and all. That was...dumb. It had a great kick to it but a little too much kick...so you might want to heed the advice of the recipe!

If you try this out, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment