Monday, August 23, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend!

TGIM...Thank Goodness Its Monday! I NEVER thought I would say that but this weekend was exhausting! The minute the clock hit 5pm on Friday, Chris and I have been movin' and shakin'.

After work on Friday, we headed to the Little Black Dress Event at the Camelot Club downtown. We recently joined and were excited about our first event there. It was bottomless martinis, so you know we had a good time! The only thing that I would have changed would have been labels for the food. The only items we knew didn't have meat were the desserts and fruit. Despite the fact that we were STARVING we were too nervous to try the dips or other food items. It was neat getting dressed up for a night on the town though, so we really enjoyed it!

Bright and early Saturday morning, I was moving tables and setting up for Dancin' in the Streets, which is the annual fundraiser for the Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre. Although we weren't able to attend the big block party in Perkins Rowe, I know there was fun had by all! If you were able to go, let me know what you thought!

That evening I celebrated with 85 new members of my sorority during the Bid Day Pool Party! This is my first year being involved with the alumnae chapter and, of course, I can't just be a member I have to be in charge of something...so I chaired the party. WOW! Don't ever underestimate what heat and a full week of activities can do to the appetite of 18-22 year old girls! This pot-luck event was "catered" by the donations of alums. We had tons of food...lots of dips, desserts and snacks...all gone in minutes! Thanks to my house boy...aka husband...our donation included the easy and always delicious Garden Pasta Salad, adorable pick up cups of popcorn and M&Ms, cups of ranch, celery and carrots, 50 decorative cupcakes by Couture Cakes, LLC and a red and yellow candy bar. Since the girls were running way ahead of schedule, I wasn't able to take tons of pics but check out my party blog, Bliss Events by Rachel, this afternoon and there will be some posted!

You would think that Sunday would be our day of rest...think again! With the Fall semester beginning today, yesterday was the annual Chancellor's Welcome. This fun and spirited event truly kicks off the new semester with style...thanks to a few of our dear friends...The Golden Band from Tigerland, LSU Cheerleaders, and, of course, Mike the Tiger!



Although it was busy, we had a blast! Check back later, I'm going to evaluate my summer to-do-list and get one started for the Fall...I know you can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment