Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Taco de Paco

I'm not going to lie...ever since I heard of Taco de Paco, I've been anxiously awaiting for that orange truck to make its way closer to my office or home for lunch time. Yesterday was that day!

Their tweet came in around 10:30 am and my "so-so" day turned around when I read that they would be parked outside of 1699, a local hair salon near the Perkins Road Overpass...and spitting distance from my house. As soon as lunch time hit, we headed that way!

Immediately, I was impressed! These two guys are slinging it in the heat with great attitudes and smiles on there faces. You could tell they were suffering but their excitement to bring something different and trendy to Baton Rouge was obvious. I know they will be happy when it cools down a bit!


Although it was convenient for me, I don't know if the location was the best. The interstate was kicking it in high-gear and made it a little difficult to hear and think. However, there was plenty of parking around them so it made it easy for us to just pull up, order and leave. You take the good, you take the bad... I'm not sure how big their lunch crowd got because it isn't really close to any businesses but again, I'm so glad they ventured away from downtown for lunch so I could check them out!

Anyway...they flipped over the menu and my indecisiveness kicked in big time...so many choices...especially veggie choices! After much deliberation, I chose flour tortillas with grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, lettuce, black beans and corn salsa. Since I ordered the meal deal, I got two of them with chips and salsa wrapped up with a drink for $7.00.

We got back to my office and went to town on those tacos! They were delicious! The grilled mushrooms and onions had excellent flavors that mixed so well with the beans and corn salsa. They were a little messy but that is another reason when I loved them so much. The juices were like little shots of happiness!

I just wish they would have been a little bigger...I was still feeling the hunger monster after two of them. The chips and salsa was just ok...but it didn't stop me from finishing all of mine and Chris' left-overs.


All in all...EXCELLENT experience! It was neat to see something like this in Baton Rouge, the tacos were delicious and it was quick and easy for lunch. Keep in mind it's cash only!

They have only been on the roads for a few weeks so obviously they have little kinks to work out...but my goodness...can you imagine where they will be in a month or so!?! I'm really excited to watch this grow! You can follow them on Twitter or Facebook to see where they will be next! Enjoy!

Taco de Paco (Mobile Truck) on Urbanspoon

1 comment: