Friday, August 27, 2010

Watermelon Salad

Skip to my Lou recently sent me this recipe and I thought it sounded a little odd at first...but my goodness, it is refreshing! This Watermelon Salad, adapted from Paula Deen, is the perfect addition to any summer meal. Chris and I enjoyed it as a little snack before enjoying Uncorked Baton Rouge (which I'm going to post about later...so stay tuned!).

Watermelon Salad

8 cups cubed watermelon
1 small Vidalia or other sweet mild onion thinly sliced
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
2 - 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
mint sprigs for garnish



In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until salt is dissolved then slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add in the chopped mint, taste, and adjust seasonings.


In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion, and feta. Pour the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed. Garnish with mint sprigs.



So easy yet so impressive...and tasty!

Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment